You already know that your home does not look like the pictures in the home magazines. If you’re ready to list your home, you might be wondering if you should do some home improvements or upgrades before listing. The truth is not all changes will bring the best Return on Investment (ROI). Before you plan a big, or small, improvement project, here are the top home improvements which have been shown to bring the best “bang for the buck.”
- Yard clean-up and landscaping
- Complete home cleaning and de-cluttering
- Replacing the front door
- New siding, exterior repairs and/or fresh paint
- Kitchen and/or bath upgrades. New countertops, fixtures, cabinetry
- Deck and patio additions, outdoor kitchens and/or BBQs
- Addition of living space; bonus rooms, extra bathroomsFirst and foremost, home buyers search for properties with good bones. Ensure there is no deferred maintenance, and then consider a few updates to give your home a fresh appeal.